Arrigo’s NFL Mock Draft v2.0
Well, as promised here is my mock draft version 2.0. I left out the “final four” until we know where they draft.
I don’t expect everyone to agree with me, but I went with who I thought fit each teams “needs” and if they picked the best player available.
1. St. Louis: Ndamukong Suh-DT- Nebraska: Unless the Rams trafe down for a chance to draft a QB, Suh has to be the pick.
2. Detroit: Gerald McCoy-DT-Oklahoma: McCoy fills a need for the Lions and would wreak havoc in opposing teams backfields for years.
3. Tampa Bay: Eric Berry-S-Tennessee: The perfect fir for the “Tampa 2” and the best playmaker in the draft.
4. Washington: Sam Bradford-QB-Oklahoma: The Redskins get their QB of the future and a player Mike Shanahan loves and can groom.
5. Kansas City: Russell Okung-OT-Oklahoma State: The Chiefs need to protect Matt Cassel and open holes for Jamaal Charles, Okung is that guy.
6. Seattle: Derrick Morgan-DE-Georgia Tech: The Seahawks need an offensive tackle, but they had no pass rush last year and he will fill that need.
7. Cleveland: Joe Haden-CB-Florida: The Browns need alot, but Hayden would be a great building block for any defense.
8. Oakland: Anthony Davis-OT-Rutgers: The Raiders need an offensive tackle and Davis may be the most gifted in the draft.
9. Buffalo: Jimmy Clausen-QB-Norte Dame: My good friend Jose Rivera (a huge Bills fan) seems to think Jimmy is the guy, i’ll go with his guy here.
10. Jacksonville: Rolando McClain-LB-Alabama: Quarterback is a bigger need, but McClain would be the perfect LB for Del Rio’s defense.
11. Denver (via Chicago): Dez Bryant-WR-Oklahoma St.: Will Brandon Marshall be in Denver? Bryant will be the man in McDaniels offense.
12. Miami: Jason Pierre-Paul-DE-South Florida: The Dolphins defense isn’t bad, but Pierre-Paul would add that speed rusher Jason Taylor used to be.
13. San Francisco: Trent Williams- OT- Oklahoma: Williams would be the 49ers RT of the present and future.
14. Seattle (via Denver): Charles Brown-OT-USC: Pete Carroll and Alex Gibbs has his LT of the future. Brown is the perfect fit for the zone blocking scheme.
15. New York Giants: Earl Thomas-S-Texas: Kenny Phillips went down and so did the Giants. Thomas is a playmaking S that the G-Men need.
16. Tennessee: Everson Griffen-DE-USC: Griffen can get to the Qb, and Tennessee needs to do more of that.
17. San Francisco (via Carolina): Carlos Dunlap-DE-Florida: Great value here for the 49ers. Dunlap his a high risk pick, but has huge upside.
18. Pittsburgh: Bryan Bulaga-OT-Iowa: They need to keep Big Ben upright in order to win games, Bulaga will make sure that happens.
19. Atlanta: Sergio Kindle-OLB-Texas: I love this kid. He can do it all, but he is a great pass rusher.
20. Houston: Brian Price-DT-UCLA: He fills a need and would help Mario Williams out by taking up double teams.
21. Cincinnati: Arrelious Benn-WR-Illinois: With the loss of Chris Henry, Chad Ocho Cinco & Carson Palmer get some help with Benn.
22. New England: Ricky Sapp-OLB-Clemson: Ideal fit in the 3/4 as a rush backer and the Patriots need that.
23. Green Bay: Taylor Mays-S-USC: I almost went with CJ Spiller, but defense was the biggest need. Mays falls because of a poor senior year, but he is the type of player the Packers need at SS in Capers scheme.
24. Philadelphia: Navorro Bowman-OLB-Penn St.: The Eagles need to get more athletic at OLB and Bowman is just that.
25. Baltimore: Jermaine Gresham-TE-Oklahoma: Joe Flacco needs another target in the red zone and Todd Heap has his heir apprent.
26. Arizona: Dan Williams-DT-Tennessee: Big Dan will be the space eater needed in a 3/4 and free Dockett up as well.
27. Dallas: Bruce Campbell-OT-Maryland: The Cowboys need to address the offensive line and Campbell would be that guy.
28. San Diego: CJ Spiller-RB-Clemson: The Chargers get their replacement for LT in Spiller.